Certificate of coverage is use mostly in international field between two or more country. It is issued by the Social Security of Administration (SSA) or any authorized agency of the agreement country. It certify that the worker named on the form is subject to Social Security coverage in the issuing country and exempt from coverage in the other country. Workers who are exempt from U.S. or foreign Social Security coverage under an agreement must document their exemption by obtaining a certificate of coverage from the country that will continue to cover them.
Certificate of Coverage Sample
An employee, who is an Indian resident going to foreign country for job or business purpose on a temporary basis have not any power to claim the security system of that country because he doesn’t qualify for the benefit or does not meet other conditions prescribed in the country’s social security law. Certificate of coverage sample consists of name and address of the applicant along with original ID proof.
What is Certificate of Coverage
Employees who are going to the foreign country for different purposes on temporary basis have an operational social agreement are exempted from contributing towards social security schemes in other country. You have to move through several steps in order to get Certificate of coverage. These steps are…
- Visit the international workers portal on the EPFO website:
- Mention Universal Account Number (UAN) and select appropriate member ID
- Complete and submit the application. A reference number of the application will be generated upon submission and the pre-filled application will be available for download and print.
- Download and print the application. Sign the application and upload it along with a copy of one’s passport.
- To upload the signed application, visit the international workers portal and select ‘UPLOAD SIGNED APPLICATION FOR COC’. The employee can download the pre-filled application from here as well.
Once the signed copy of the application is uploaded, the relevant PF office will process the application and generate the Certificate of coverage accordingly.